... 99 bottles of pop. Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of pop on the wall.
It’s been 10 weeks since we added a range of Miniml refills to the General Store. Every drop of personal care and cleaning product we sell, has been and will continue to be delivered to The Hive in reusable containers. This is all possible thanks to the “closed loop supply” Miniml offer to their stockists.
But you know us, we have to go one step further… that’s why we have stopped recycling the reusable glass bottles our soft drinks are sold in from the Beverage Bar. Instead we remove the labels, sterilise the bottles, refill them with Miniml Products and sell them as introductory tester bottles to our customers.
So far we have reused over 100 glass bottles from the Beverage Bar; obviously glass bottles are 100% recyclable and can be re-melted endlessly without ever reducing its quality, but the transport and sorting processes still require energy, water and other resources, leaving a carbon footprint.
Before you send a glass bottle for recycling, think about how you might be able to reuse them around your home!
Glass bottles can be truly beautiful too. You will be amazed by some of the beautiful structures and objects you can create with this ‘waste’ product! This blog "20 Epic ways to reuse bottles in the garden" has some great ideas (some of which we have done ourselves) including:
1. Make Path Edging
2. Make Glass Bottle Walls For Garden Beds
3. Insert Glass Bottles in Cob/Adobe Walls
4. Create a Vertical Garden Wall
5. Upturn Glass Bottles To Water Plants
6. Use Glass Bottles To Build a Shed
7. Use Glass Bottles to Build a Greenhouse
8. Build a Glass Bottle Cold Frame
9. Build a Bar or Outdoors Kitchen Counter
10. Make a Base for a Wood-Fired Oven
11. Make an Outdoors Coffee Table With Glass Bottle Legs
12. Make Fairy Light Lanterns
13. Use Glass Bottles as Candle Holders
14. Make a Glass Bottle Bird Feeder
15. Make a Glass Bottle Humming Bird Feeder
16. Make a Glass Bottle Fence or Privacy Screen
17. Make Individual Cloches for Seedlings
18. Make Candle Lanterns
19. Make Glass Bottle Wind Chimes
20. Make Use Of Broken Glass To Make Glass Pebbles